The Abai-Vern program is a joint program of the Ministry of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Europe and foreign Affairs of the French Republic.The participants of the program are undergraduates and doctoral students.
Conditions of participation in the competition for a scholarship for the master's program:
no age limit;
invitation/confirmation of admission to the state University for master's degree program 1 or 2 years in France;
students who already have a master's degree can also participate in the competition for this scholarship.
Conditions of participation in the competition for a scholarship for the doctoral program:
no age limit;
invitation/confirmation of admission to the state University for doctoral studies in France;
master's degree, including those who will receive it this year.
French government social security scholarships offer the following benefits:
exemption from payment of the registration fee in French state Universities;
attachment to the General system of French social insurance. Recommendation: obtain additional student health insurance (mutuelle étudiante);
exemption from payment of the cost of a long-term student visa;
priority in the allocation of housing in the University dormitory;
targeted assistance to pay for housing, the "clé" system (when the French state Acts as a guarantor for the rental of housing);
preferential rates for participation in cultural events.
This scholarship is subject to the same standards as all other scholarships of the French government. The annual student fee (CVEC) of 90 euros is paid by the student. Transportation costs are also borne by students.
Students undertake to attend all classes, otherwise they will be deprived of the scholarship.
Applicant's dossier: the Dossier of the candidate on the program "Abai-Verne" should contain the following documents:
1. duly completed questionnaire (see Annex);
2. two versions of the resume: one in French or English, depending on the selected program, the second – in Kazakh or Russian;
3. motivation letter: in French or English, depending on the selected program (1 page, front side only);
4. a copy of the passport - first page;
5. confirmation of pre-admission from a University or research organization. If the admission procedure has not yet been completed, you must attach a copy of the application;
6. certified copies of diplomas and applications with grades starting from undergraduate;
7. for candidates who have chosen a program of study in French: a certificate confirming the level of French not lower than B1 (DELF, DALF, TCF). This requirement does not apply to persons studying at Universities with the French language of instruction;
8. for candidates who have chosen a program of study in English: a certificate confirming the level of English not lower than B2 (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS). This requirement does not apply to persons studying in Universities with English language training;
9. Bank account details: according to the results of the selection process;
10. medical certificate form 082/y for traveling abroad: on the basis of the selection process.
Candidates entering the doctoral program, additionally provide:
11. brief description of the research project (2 pages in French or English depending on the language of writing the thesis);
12. list of already published scientific publications or works (in English or French);
13. recommendation letter from academic advisors in English or French (in free form).
The documents will need to be submitted to the Center for international cooperation. (Building Technopark, 3rd floor,22 KAB.)
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for international cooperation. (Building Technopark, 3rd floor,22 KAB.)