Zhubanov University Museum has been operating since 1989 and is a research and cultural-educational structural unit aimed at collecting, storing and exhibiting material and spiritual culture objects of historical, scientific and artistic value.
The main goal of the Museum is preservation and updating of historical, pedagogical, scientific and educational values of the collection and scientific description of the expositions.
The main goal of the museum is three main functions: scientific documentation and research of the main processes of educational development in the Aktobe region, preservation of pedagogical and historical heritage, use of the specifics of the museum for educational purposes.
The museum is a link between the past and the future in the history of formation of the university.
The museum carries out systematic work with the purpose of development of interest to cognition from students, expansion of knowledge of history by means of genuine historical documents.
The museum exposition consists of two departments: the period before the beginning of the 20th century and the modern period of education. This exhibition is a demonstration of the achievements of the university, as well as subjects and documents in a certain chronological system.
• Search, storage, accounting, study of objects of history of development of the University of Aktobe region;
• Preservation and promotion of the history of Aktobe Regional State University, continuity of its traditions, historical and cultural heritage;
• Increasing the role of museums in teaching students with participation of heads of museums in research activities;
• Collection and selection of documents, manuscripts, books, photos, epistolary documents, records of the university history, conducting excursions in the halls of the museum, organizing thematic exhibitions, improving professional competence of museum staff;
• Development of museum culture among the visitors of the museum;
• Organization and holding of excursions, exhibitions, meetings at high scientific, educational and organizational levels;
• Full provision of research documentation, topics of presentation, archival materials of the educational system of the region and the University development;
• Creation of expositions on development of educational system of Aktobe region, history of university;
• Collection and systematization of materials, including video materials, acquisition of periodicals on propaganda of new technologies among the visitors of the museum and beyond;
• Work in state archives, university archives, libraries and fonds of other museums;
• Collection of documents, material values, manuscripts, books, photographs, epistolary documents, thematic catalogues on the history and development of the university.
• Participation in the development of the museum scientific concept, in the design of architectural and artistic solution, in thematic and exhibition plans;
• Transfer of the fund on digital carriers and its introduction into the world museum fund;
• Organization and holding of thematic excursions dedicated to different events and dates according to the museum themes;
• Improvement of methods of excursion and mass work, expansion of thematic structure of the exposition with the help of new technologies, interactive forms of education, etc.;
• Methodological provision of necessary thematic materials on the history of the university formation for scientific and research work of students and teachers;
• Exposition of documents and subjects according to a certain system, their exact content and definition of the theme;
• Preparation of the main points of the excursion throughout the museum exposition;
• Organization of traveling exhibitions on themes related to the history of the university and holding meetings with scientists, graduates, veterans, honorary professors, participation in university conferences;
• Maintaining and preserving the museum's collections and its systematic replenishment.
Its role is expected to grow and it is planned to work in such directions:
• Acquire ethnographic objects in the sphere of art;
• To organize expositions of creative works of students (sculpture, drawing, applied and decorative art);
• In the field of "Philology" the main purpose is to collect materials about classics of Kazakh culture, outstanding teachers of culture and science (K. Zhubanov, N. Baiganin, Abai and others). The main goal is to thoroughly study epos and folklore.
The fund of the museum (about 970 documents) represents inventory cards, thematic catalogues, postcards, old textbooks, manuscripts, models, photocopies of different years, archival materials which can render the great help in academic and research works of students, masters and teachers.